many thanks Michael [Depends on what tones you’re looking for. 1 on the Billboard rock charts for a solid seven weeks. Boss CS-2 Compressor > BK Butler Tube Driver > Civil War Big Muff. Awesome drive that goes from being a great clean boost to a great overdrive. – Bjorn] I’ve never tried the Akai but the Marshall and Boss are fairly similar. The BD-2 is inexpensive, durable, and quiet, making it a great option for a boost pedal. I've used to boost my Cal50+ head with a BD-2 . With the gain knob all the way down, a Blues Driver can become a very good clean boost/cut pedal, with the level knob adding volume past 12:00 and cutting volume before 12:00. it can do amazing clean boost and distortion types as well (in fact, it's way more a distortion pedal than a overdrive pedal tho).

When i use it as a boost i use settings like this: Vol - max Tone - 11 'o clock Gain - at 0.5 (not even 1) I hope this primer on stacking distortion pedals helps you find more sounds that inspire you to create more music. Available On Amazon – Check Current PriceThe Boss BD-2 effects pedal is one of the most widespread and recognizable stomp boxes used by guitarists today, reaching a great status in the music industry. Do you have any experience of the akai blues driver. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Dec 16, 2018 #1. dankomal Tele-Meister. this is the ONLY Boss drive pedal that i actually like/trust. Related Products. Both are very good at producing clean boost and classic, glassy overdrive. I have a Butler Tube Driver and also Ibanez (Butler) Tube King. A clean boost can be used as gain boost in front of an overdrive pedal or a volume boost if placed after. Funny thing is, I've heard other BD-2 mods and didn't dislike them, but the mods that I … ... BOSS Blues Driver. However many companies have tried hard to replicate Boss’s recipe for success, with only a few able to make pedals which meld Boss’s signature affordability, signature balance of the tone, and quality. The tube pedals are great but have a large footprint and can be temperamental when used with other pedals at times. Great quality and as always with Boss great value. Fulltone OCD.

Overdrive pedals are able to provide you with a clean boost at a lower gain stage—a clean boost pedal, however, can provide clean boost across a much broader range (in some cases 20db and more). It is just a bit more rare, however, to see a boost pedal on a pedalboard. BOOST POSITION IN SIGNAL CHAIN - Driving the Big Muff with the booster pedal and driving the booster pedal with the Big Muff . By March of 1995, Pearl Jam’s “Better Man” off Vitology had been sitting comfortably at No. Help me this quest for tone is driving (excuse pun) me into destitution. It's probably the most transparent boost, smoothest overdrive and just plain best distortion pedal I've ever built or owned, and I've built a LOT at this point. This thing can be used for subtle crunch or to boost an already distorted signal into a fire breathing dragon. - It sounds great as a stand alone pedal or as a boost. With the Chip Adapter the H2O just got better. That same month, the Boss BD–2 Blues Driver first hit guitar store shelves, targeting a different sort of player. The Ongoing History of the Boss Blues Driver. 3 more Boss Effects Pedals with modifications to the already great tone of the BD – 2 Blues Driver.. JHS Boss BD – 2 Blues Driver with Blue Drive Mod – The JHS modified Blues driver features distortion circuitry and an added on/off switch for fuzz and distortion capability.

This is unfortunate for a number of reasons. I love my modified Boss Blues Driver. Thinking of a blues driver as clean boost Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by dankomal, Dec 16, 2018. Overall, its just a well balanced, flexible, and damn good sounding distortion pedal at a great price. Xotic AC Booster. . Muff boosting Example #7 - Tube Driver set for boost AFTER a Big Muff. EarthQuaker Devices Palisades. I love my Blues Driver for a boost. . boss blues driver in a bass Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by farewelltowords, Oct 2, 2006.

Posts: 179 ... I’m thinking of getting a Boss blues driver as my boost pedal for my Princeton reverb. In this article we will ta… When I first did the Chip Adapter mod I could not put the guitar down. Boss … My regular H2O Mod is a great choice for a player wanting to boost an already overdriven amp or it works equally well in the clean channel of an amp. But yeah, the BD-2 is a very versatile and easy to use overdrive and works quite well as a straight up clean boost … An endearing feature of the BD-2 is its ability to clean up almost completely. Imho, it is Boss's pedal with theee most powerfull vol boost out there today.
Muff Boosting Example #6 - Tube Driver set for boost BEFORE a Big Muff. 12 Degrees of Saturation Bearfoot FX Big Muff Style Fuzz Blues Driver Style Overdrive Bogner Amplification Boost Boost and Overdrive Boss Brown Sound Distortion Chase Bliss Audio Crazy Tube Circuits Custom Tones Decibelics Diezel Distortion Dr Scientist Dual-Drive Dumble Style Overdrive Empress Effects Featured Foxpedal Friedman Effects Fulltone Effects Fuzz Fuzz Face Style Fuzz Fuzz …