Before starting the review, I'd like to talk about how I got this game and played it. Delving into an EO title is surely not for the faint of heart, though the franchise does remarkably well at modernizing old-school dungeon crawling mechanics and improving on them with each title.

The Etrian Odyssey (EO) series has been tearing the hearts out of well-intentioned adventurers since its early days on the Nintendo DS. There’s a good balance between explaining enough to get the player started in figuring things out and leaving a lot to be discovered. Early this month, I just bought my 3DS console and wanted to play one of the games that was released last month.

However, the charm and flair the series has held since its inception is still here and is great for the fans of the series to continue on, though not a great starting point for those looking to jump in for the first time.

There were three options: either of Super Mario 3D Land, Etrian Odyssey V… Etrian Odyssey V is a fun and interesting game for anyone who likes a bit of challenge and isn’t put off by having to create your own maps. Before starting the review, I'd like to talk about how I got this game and played it. Early this month, I just bought my 3DS console and wanted to play one of the games that was released last month. There were three options: either of Super Mario 3D Land, Etrian Odyssey V… Etrian Odyssey V doesn’t do much to advance the series further, and instead feels like a rehashed but slightly cleaned up version of its predecessors. This is our Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth review. One of the first stops in most new games is character selection but in Etrian Odyssey this is a bit different from the norm. Etrian Odyssey V takes place in the land of Arcania, centred around the massive tree of Yggdrasil, which extends upwards from the earth as far as the eye can see. the first thing which I had to do was to create an adventuring guild for my characters to belong to. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Review Nintendo 3DS , Reviews Alex Mateo October 16, 2017 Etrian Odyssey , Atlus , 3DS RPG In an age when role-playing games continue to expand in size and scope, it’s a delight to see Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth hold on to its old-school, dungeon-crawling roots. October 16, 2017 12:04 PM EST.

For Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth on the 3DS, GameFAQs has 1 review. While Etrian Odyssey V doesn’t have much of an engaging story, the exploration is a true draw that makes players want to see just how far they can get in …

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Review — Charting Greatness. Lou Contaldi. Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth Review by Adam Vitale , 16 October, 2017 The Nintendo 3DS has amassed a considerable RPG library over the course of its lifetime. For Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth on the 3DS, GameFAQs has 1 review.