Glory, the epic account of the 54th Massachusetts, one of the first all-black regiments in the Civil War, contains numerous historical inaccuracies. But as an amateur wannabe history buff, there were some significant historical inaccuracies of The Patriot that stood out.. Based on Paths of Glory by Humphrey Cobb Director: Stanley Kubrick. The new racing movie plays fast and loose with the facts, but some of its most unbelievable details are straight from the record books.

But despite these shortcomings, “Glory Road” is an entertaining movie, and was well worth an hour and half of my life. HISTORICAL ACCURACY: “Glory” is an excellent example of a movie that takes the basic historical facts and constructs a narrative around them to bring recognition to a military unit in a way that is attractive to a mainstream audience.

The other night, I re-watched The Patriot, starring Mel Gibson.I love the movie itself- it’s massively entertaining, and Heath Ledger just kills his role in the film. I heartily recommend it for any moviegoer, basketball fan or otherwise.

An honorable mention goes to this movie for starring Jon Bon Jovi, who gets shot over the side and goes out in quite a “Blaze of Glory.” 11 Apocalypto (2006) Set in the Mayan Kingdom in the face of its demise, the rulers insist the key to survival is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices. Darth Revan. Although Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, was unpopular, his assassination by Serbian nationalists on June 28, 1914 was the spark that started WWI. Can anyone help by submitting one. Movie goofs, mistakes, bloopers, pictures, quotes and trivia in movies, TV shows, books and games, updated regularly. By Matthew Phelan Nov 18, 2019 7:18 PM

Although the film contained numerous historical inaccuracies, its heart, as one historian put it, was in the right place. The movie would have done well to show Haskins as a more rounded figure.

Despite his white Jewish background that might discredit his ability to accurately portray a black man's experience in the Civil War, Zwick is congratulated for his work, and the historical inaccuracies in Glory are condoned in light of the "the higher message the film uncovers in the form of powerful symbolisms." It's a feel-good basketball flick based on the 1966, Texas Western Basketball team, the first team in … Add your own and vote on your favourites! Some of them are minor. Historical Background. i have to write a paper on the historic inaccuracies or accuracies in the movie glory. The number one movie in the nation last weekend was Glory Road. “Glory’s” greatest achievement was its reminder of the roles African American soldiers played in the outcome of the Civil War and in the abolition of slavery.