LET US ALL PRAY FOR HEALING AND END OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC. Prayer to Saint Joseph during a Pandemic. He was king of East Anglia in England, but was murdered by Vikings on November 20, 869. On the back of this holy card is a short prayer for the intercession of St. Edmund, followed by the prayer to Our Lady of Prompt Succor in which we ask for the Blessed Mother's intercession in times of epidemic and illness. Pictured … Prayer for an end to the pandemic Let us pray, dearly beloved, for a swift end to the coronavirus pandemic that afflicts our world, that our God and Father will heal the sick, strengthen those who care for them, and help us all to persevere in faith: Almighty and merciful God, source of all life, health and healing, DID YOU KNOW THAT ST. EDMUND IS THE PATRON SAINT OF PANDEMICS? PRAY – Let us pray for each other and look after each other as much as is possible. More details at www.stedmundkm.org.uk. But life still hurts those we love still die Wars still take place people still wounded other people pandemics still sweep the world. By tradition, the Norsemen, led by Ivar the Boneless and his brother Ubba, demanded Edmund renounce Christianity and, when he refused, shot him full of arrows and cut his head off with … • Daily Prayer of St Edmund Martyr • St John Paul II on "LIFE" • Novena: Our Lady of the Atonement + Now Light Your Lamps [Uher] • Sing of Mary, Blest is She [Uher] • Edgar Allen Poe: Hymn to Mary • Collect for the Mission of the Church • The Gallican Offertory • Prayer for the Beatification of the Servant of God Mother Mary Richard Beauchamp Harnbrough, O.SS.S • Deaconesses of the … The Toulouse relics, which we now know were not really St Edmund’s at all, became associated with protection from pestilence. St Edmund, Pray for Us ... (Prayer was given to St Gertrude during a vision from Jesus with the promise that 1000 souls would be released from purgatory when prayed.) St. Edmund the Martyr , also known as Saint Edmund or Edmund of East Anglia , was the king of East Anglia from about 855 until his death in 869. These St. Edmund Prayer Cards, made exclusively by Apostle Gear, feature a striking centuries-old depiction of the patron saint against pandemics. “St Edmund is also associated with pandemics in some parts of the world. St. Edmund, patron for victims of pandemics. On Wednesday May 6, St Edmunds church will celebrate a Votive Mass of St Edmund, one of the saints to pray to in the time of a pandemic. Enlighten those responsible for the common good, so that they might know — like you do — how to care for those entrusted to their responsibility. Prayers PARISH PRAYER. Make frequent Spiritual Communions. Still, Moss said, there's hope for St. Corona. St. Rocco, who is venerated for his prayers for those suffering from infectious diseases. Pray this powerful prayer for protection against coronavirus. One of the most popular of these saints was St. Edmund the Martyr, who became the patron saint of pandemics. The practice of attributing patronage for something to a saint may vary from region to region,” he said. The … St. Edmund and St. Roch became associated with pandemics long after their deaths, when they were believed to … St. Damien of Molokai, who put himself at risk to minister to lepers. St. Joseph, patron of the dying. Pray the Rosary especially, the Divine Mercy at 3.00pm every day and the Prayer to St Michael. Welcome into your kingdom all those who have fallen asleep in the Lord from covid-19 disease. Prayer of St Edmund - Patron Saint of Pandemics Into Thy hands, O Lord, and into the hands of Thy holy Angels, I commit and entrust this day my soul, my relations, my benefactors, my friends and enemies, and all Thy Catholic people. Protect, O Holy Guardian, this our nation. Join us as we close off the VE Day Weekend with Evening Prayer using the words from the Book of Common Prayer. … Mary, Undoer of Knots. St. Jude and St. Rita, patrons of impossible causes.