This book reminded me strongly of the Little House books, both in content and in writing style. I teach Strawberry Girl as part of a Lois Lenski author study. Lois Lenski has used again her gift for catching the flavor and drama of life in a remote corner of America.

Birdie Boyer's family is determined to make a go of strawberry farming, but they will have trouble not only with the hazards presented by the natural world, but also resistance from a cantankerous neighbor. .

It is a delightful story that chronicles the struggles and achievements of a Floridian pioneer family during that period. .” Strawberry Girl is Lenski’s attempt to bring to life the little-known history of pioneer living during the early 1900s. Among the summaries and analysis available for Strawberry Girl , there are 1 Full Study Guide, 1 Short Summary and 4 Book Reviews. Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski has been reviewed by Focus on the Family’s marriage and parenting magazine.

Worksheets and No Prep Teaching Resources Literature Units: Strawberry Girl Worksheets and Literature Unit by Lois Lenski (Grades 4-8) Daily Reading Journal Go beyond a simple book report. Lois Lenski was awarded the Newbery Medal in 1946 for Strawberry Girl. ";Don′t count your biddies ′fore they′re hatched, gal young un! The students like to work together on the computers for research. Lenski's regional books explore the differences in climate, food, dialect, and work that characterize different regions.

The United States is so large that people in one part of the country sometimes have difficulty understanding people in other parts. Strawberry Girl Summary.

Strawberry Girl is an interesting read.

Free Strawberry Girl study unit worksheets for teachers to print. "Strawberry Girl," a novel written by Lois Lenski, was published in 1945 and won the Newbery Medal, a highly coveted annual award given annually to an author of children’s literature, in 1946. "; her father tells her. If there is a Strawberry Girl SparkNotes, Shmoop guide, or Cliff Notes, you can find a link to each study guide below. This is a story full of enterprise and fun and tire excitement of real life in this interesting part of America. In the end she won not only the title of "strawberry girl," but book learning as well. I had read two other books that had won this prestigious award, so I had high expectations. FreeBookNotes found 6 sites with book summaries or analysis of Strawberry Girl. This is a story full of enterprise and fun and tire excitement of real life in this interesting part of America.

Plot Summary The Boyer family moves from the mountains of northern Florida to the state’s southern lakes area in the early 1900s. She is sad to leave behind her best friend and fears that she will never make new friends.
Strawberry Girl is a Newbery Medal winning novel written and illustrated by Lois Lenski. the story is more about the title girl's family's battle with belligerent neighbours than about the girl herself. But her family has just moved to the Florida backwoods, and they haven′t even begun their planting. I read the book in the fifth grade in secret, because with its pink cover, not to mention title, was girly.

First published in 1945, this realistic fiction children's book, set among the "Crackers" of rural Florida, is one in Lenski's series of regional novels . The land was theirs, but so were its hardships Strawberries -- big, ripe, and juicy. Strawberry Girl was the first novel I read by children’s book author and illustrator Lois Lenski (October 14, 1893 – September 11, 1974).
Strawberry Girl is Lenski’s attempt to bring to life the little-known history of pioneer living during the early 1900s. It is a delightful story that chronicles the struggles and achievements of a Floridian pioneer family during that period.

Lenski's regional books explore the differences in climate, food, dialect, and work that characterize different regions. It tells the story of a young girl named Birdie who moves to Florida with her family to raise strawberries. Lois Lenski has used again her gift for catching the flavor and drama of life in a remote corner of America. In the foreword to Strawberry Girl (Harper Trophy, 1973), author Lois Lenski writes, “Few people realize how new Florida is. When I saw Strawberry Girl was a Newberry Award winner, I thought I'd give it a read. . Strawberry Girl book. This is one of many books Lenski wrote with an emphasis on regional stories allowing young readers to get a taste of how American children lived during the early part of the twentieth century. This is a sweet book about a little girl, Allie, during the Depression who moves with her family to a house on Strawberry Hill. The story, historical foundation, dialogue, characters, and illustrations combine to create a timeless tale everyone will enjoy. Book Summary. Ten-year-old Birdie Boyer can hardly wait to start picking them. Comprehension by chapter, vocabulary challenges, creative reading response activities and projects, tests, and much more!