An Event has the following components. Google Tag Manager Custom Event is used for tracking interactions that might take place on your website or mobile app that isn’t handled by standard methods (i.e. Keep in mind that standard aggregated Google Analytics reporting is not affected. Now that you know how to manually set up Google Analytics event tracking, let’s take at a simpler method: Google Tag Manager (GTM). All in all try to think of custom events more with "did the user do something on the page that I want to measure that isn't a pageview" and then tie the event category/action/label to that event. An Event hit includes a value for each component, and these values are displayed in your reports. Out of the box, Google Analytics already tracks a bunch of really useful data points. Check Out MonsterInsights .

With just a little bit of extra code, you can capture all kinds of information about how people behave on your site. MonsterInsights comes with a Custom Link Attribution feature which allows you to add custom event tracking to custom links on your site. GTM is a tag management system offered for free from Google. Custom Events provide a perfect solution for adding context and tracking more specific user actions. Events; Bounce Rate; Custom Dimensions and metrics can be defined and sent along with pageview or event beacons.

Here is my code: