Boundaries. The Scriptures define leadership as a spiritual gift (Romans 12:8).

A true leader will establish and maintain boundaries. When in church, I am grateful for the time to reflect. I flourish and excel under being led by a Shepherd type leader. If you are going to be a shepherd leader, you need to be Body-oriented. In Chapter 34 Ezekiel is talking about the differences between a “bad shepherd” and a “good shepherd”. I found it to be amazingly similar to what I feel the differences are between a “self-serving leader” and a “servant leader”. Why does this matter? How does that distinction bear up in the historical record—and more particularly, how far back does it go? This post was very eye opening. They willingly experience personal sacrifice for the benefit of those they lead. … How does that distinction bear up in the historical record—and more particularly, how far back does it go? Every dog is different, and every owner is different. This may sound naively obvious, but leaders and shepherds have different gifts and skill-sets. As I’ve written elsewhere, every relationship is defined and preserved by boundaries. As nouns the difference between pastor and shepherd is that pastor is a shepherd; someone who tends to a flock of animals while shepherd is a person who tends sheep, especially a grazing flock.

The shepherd has a personal stake in the well-being of the sheep. Ditto for this blog. Only the Bible is God’s truth. If you are going to be a shepherd leader, you need to be Body-oriented. Leaders Lead and Shepherds Shepherd. Invested.
So it is with true leaders. Church leaders, as shepherds, you need to be careful that you are not so tied up with the details that you cannot step back and "look upon" or contemplate the overall condition of the flock, to get a grasp of what they need and where they need to go to get what they need. At church today, my pastor preached/taught about the difference between a leader and a shepherd, using Saul (1 Samuel 22) and David (1 Samuel 17) as examples. So are you an organizational leader, or are you more of a relational leader—a shepherd?

What is the RKS League? 3:16). Just check out the impassioned comments on this post, where I argue the church today needs more entrepreneurial leaders, not more shepherds. The leader did not ask the flock where they would like to go as a group, but wisely led them to safe, green pastures, down paths of righteousness, and comforted them with the rod and staff, with goodness and mercy (Psalm 23). Moss's argument is essentially shepherd = trusted leader, sheepherder = lazy follower. There is good news for you and I and that is Jesus is the Good Shepherd (John 10:11; 1 st Peter 5:4). The Best breeders of German shepherds in Toronto and Ontario agree that there is no dog training collar that is right for every dog. He said that a shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. Shepherd leadership goes back to the beginning of time – “The Lord is our shepherd.” A shepherd walks alongside his people (sheep), and he knows and cares deeply about each of them. Moss's argument is essentially shepherd = trusted leader, sheepherder = lazy follower. - "not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness" Shepherding should stem from God's call upon your life.